Blog Archive

Tuesday 6 September 2016

The Word of God is like a laser beam

Krzysztof remembers Fr Alan's teachings part II

Krzysztof, while in Kraków for a family visit, remembers Fr Alan's teachings. 

Krzysztof wrote, "... The Word is a light. Not a wide beam - It is very focused, perhaps like a laser. Pointing at something very concrete in your life. Will you let it show you what needs to come into the light? Out of darkness ..."

This is a more poignant way of saying the Word is a mirror which shows us our sins, which Fr Alan used to say in the early 1990s. 

Heavenly Father, let your Word shine on me like a laser beam, to dispel the darkness in my life, so I can walk towards you and your Son Jesus Christ and arrive safely in heaven at the end of time. Amen. 

Addendum: My friend, Carrie, who checks over my posts wrote after reading this posting: "Yes, as piercing as laser light . . .  and sharper than a double-edged sword!" - I leave you to draw your own conclusions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment